Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crotched Mountain Day 1

Today we got our homerooms at Crotched Mountain. I am placed into a room called Cedar Points. My room has four boys in which all have history of being emotionally distressed. However, today all four had great days according to the head teacher in the room, Jon.  At the beginning of the day my room was on a nature trail field trip and I got to take the time to explore other rooms within the school. I went to visit Bill, the art teacher for the school of the disabled. He has been here for 30 years and has so many stories about the kids and the school.  Many of the kids cannot do art to the full capacity here, I'm not even good at art, but he adapts his lesson plans to each student. I also got to help in the music room for a little bit. Once we had lunch I got to finally meet the boys in my room and show off my HORRIBLE basketball skills. I got a chance to redeem myself in P.E. though with my awesome Whiffleball skills. At the end of the day we were all exhausted but got a great dinner. We then took a trip off the mountain to get snacks at a little convenience store and on the way back discovered an amazing lake. This place is beautiful. To top the day off we are still winning the PR contest. GO CROTCHED MOUNTAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment