Monday, March 25, 2013

Emily- Guidance Center- Day One


After a just a few hours of sleep I woke up around 5 a.m. to get ready to go!  I was up late getting my things packed for the trip up to Michigan and I was actually quite a bit nervous.  I woke up full of energy and was picked up in my group’s lovely bright red minivan to meet everyone at the Lied Center.  We got a later start than we had intended after encountering a little snafu with one of our group members but we eventually hit the road about 7:30 a.m. The Guidance Center crew consisted of Sean and myself as site leaders, Maureen (my fellow driver), Monica, Katelyn, Neal, and Mitchell. Maureen drove the first leg of the journey and we stopped in northern Missouri at a McDonald’s for some lunch.  We passed through quite a few states and came up to Michigan from Ohio.  I slept in the car when I could but while I was driving it was really nice to listen to music and get to know the other people in my group.  We made it to the Celebration Church of Christ in Southgate, Michigan about 10 p.m. and the pastor Byron let us in and greeted us with a friendly face.  He was sooo nice! We received the grand tour of the church building; it is a very nice building and was previously a custom car design company that has been transformed into a church.  We had a good first day of the trip getting to know each other better.

No comments:

Post a Comment